- Master Data : Item, Customer, Vendor, Bank Accounts, etc.
- Opening Balances: On-Hand Quantity of Items, GL Balances, etc.
- Open Transactions : Open Purchase Orders, Open Sales Order, Open Invoice etc.
- Set-up Data : Item Categories, Stock Locators
Similary source of data can be classified as
- Existing Applications : DB2, Tally, SMS, etc.
- Electronic Data : Comming through EDI in formats of Excel, Word, etc.
- Hard Copy Data : In Registers
- Non – Existent : Equipment Master, Collect and then migrate
The above diagram depicts the high level Data Migration approach from Legacy to ORACLE.
At a minimum, the data migration from Legacy to ORACLE consists of these tasks:
- Extracting the data from Legacy data base.
- Loading the extracted data into staging area.
- Mapping and transformation of source data.
- Migrating source data from staging area into target data base.