- What does this mean for Oracle E-Business Suite users?
- Will EBS users be forced to upgrade to JRE 7 for Windows desktop clients?
- Will EBS users be forced to upgrade to JDK 7 for EBS application tier servers?
You do not need to wait for a certification announcement before applying new JRE 1.6 or JRE 7 releases to your EBS users’ desktops.
For EBS 11i:
- Deploying Sun JRE (Native Plug-in) for Windows Clients in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i (Note 290807.1)
- Upgrading Developer 6i with Oracle E-Business Suite 11i (Note 125767.1)
For EBS 12.0, 12.1, 12.2
- Deploying Sun JRE (Native Plug-in) for Windows Clients in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Note 393931.1)
- Upgrading OracleAS 10g Forms and Reports in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Note 437878.1)
EBS + Discoverer 11g Users
- Discoverer (11g) 188.8.131.52 plus Patch 13877486 and later
- Reference: How To Find Oracle BI Discoverer 10g and 11g Certification Information (Document 233047.1)
The fix for those issues was first included in JRE 1.6.0_23. These fixes will carry forward and continue to be fixed in all future JRE releases on the JRE 6 and 7 codelines. In other words, if you wish to avoid the mismanaged session cookie issue, you should apply any release after JRE 1.6.0_22 on the JRE 6 codeline, and JRE 7u10 and later JRE 7 codeline updates.
Java SE 6 End of Public Updates NoticeAfter February 2013, Oracle will no longer post updates of Java SE 6 to its public download sites. Existing Java SE 6 downloads already posted as of February 2013 will remain accessible in the Java Archive on Oracle Technology Network. Developers and end-users are encouraged to update to more recent Java SE versions that remain available for public download. For enterprise customers, who need continued access to critical bug fixes and security fixes as well as general maintenance for Java SE 6 or older versions, long term support is available through Oracle Java SE Support .
EBS users will continue to receive critical bug fixes and security fixes as well as general maintenance for Java SE 6 until the end of Java SE 6 Extended Support in June 2017.
- All Java SE Downloads on MOS (Note 1439822.1)
- Information Center: Installation & Configuration for Oracle Java SE (Note 1412103.2)
- EBS Release 12 Certified with Mac OS X 10.9 with Safari 7 and JRE 7
Will EBS users be forced to upgrade to JDK 7 for EBS application tier servers?
Java SE 6 is covered by Extended Support until June 2017. All EBS customers with application tier servers on Windows, Solaris, and Linux must upgrade to JDK 7 by June 2017. EBS customers running their application tier servers on other operating systems should check with their respective vendors for the support dates for those platforms.
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle Applications 11i (Metalink Note 285218.1)
- Upgrading Sun JRE (Native Plug-in) with Oracle Applications 11i for Windows Clients (Metalink Note 290807.1)
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle Applications 12 (MetaLink Note 389422.1)
- Upgrading JRE Plugin with Oracle Applications R12 (MetaLink Note 393931.1)