- Item1 —- Black
- Item2 —- Red
- Item3 —- Green
- Item4 —- Orange
http://www.oracleerpappsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/New-Logo.png 0 0 Oracle ERP Apps Guide http://www.oracleerpappsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/New-Logo.png Oracle ERP Apps Guide2013-09-15 17:55:002013-09-15 17:55:00R12 – How to Create Category and Category Set in Oracle Inventory
Categories are the method by which the items in inventory can be separated logically and functionally for planning, purchasing and other activities.You can use categories and category sets to group your items for various reports and programs. A category is a logical classification of items that have similar characteristics. A category set is a distinct grouping scheme and consists of categories. The flexibility of category sets allows you to report and inquire on items in a way that best suits your needs. This article will describe how to create categories and category set in oracle inventory.
Suppose we need a category called ‘INV_COLORS’. We can define multiple colors in this category and then assign this category to an item.
1] First we need to create a value set to hold these colors.
Navigation > Setup: Flexfields: Validation: Sets
Validation type Select: Independent
2] Next we need to enter our values in the INVENTORY_COLOR valueset
RED, GREEN, BLUE, BLACK, and ORANGE
Navigation -> Setup: Flexfields: Validation: Values
Save and close the Screen.
3] Now we need to create a KFF Structure
Navigation Setup: Flexfields: Key: Segments
Create the structure name: In the “Code” field enter INV_COLORS
4] Click on the “Segments” button.
Save and exit the form.
5] Check the Freeze flex field Definition, the following warning will appear.
6] The “Compile” button is now available to be selected. Click on the compile button.
Close the form.
7] Go to View -> Request and Verify that the new Category flexfield compiled successfully.
8] The new structure is ready for use. Now let’s create a category.
Navigation : Setup: Items: Categories: Category Codes
9] Next we create our category set.
Navigation Setup: Items: Categories: Category Sets
10] After creating the category set, we can assign it to any items.
- How to Setup for E-Business Suite Tax on Payable Invoices in R12 on
- How to View/Access Other User Concurrent Request in Oracle Apps R12 on
- Oracle E-Business Suite Free Access Practice Instance on
- Hierarchical Trees Developement Using Oracle Forms Builder on
- Accounting setup in Oracle General Ledger – R12 on
- R12 – How to Delete Oracle AR TransactionsMarch 22, 2019 - 8:37 pm
- How to Define Custom Key Flexfield (KFF) in R12January 19, 2018 - 5:43 pm
- AutoLock Box Concepts In R12November 10, 2017 - 8:30 am
- R12 – java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column type in OAFSeptember 15, 2017 - 9:39 am
- How to Find Duplicate Row in OAF Page?April 26, 2017 - 5:17 pm