EBS 12.2 represents our most-groundbreaking release in years (Press Release). It includes new product functionality, new Fusion Middleware and database components, and introduces new tools for installing, configuring, and maintaining E-Business Suite environments:
Hundreds of new featuresIncludes significant enhancements across the integrated suite of business applications spanning enterprise resource planning, human capital management, and supply chain management. You can find the complete list here:
Online PatchingApply EBS patches while users are still entering transactions and using the E-Business Suite. Online Patching uses the Oracle Database’s Edition-Based Redefinition feature and other new technologies to allow the E-Business Suite to be updated while the system is still running. You can learn more about Online Patching via our official documentation and this technical webcast.WebLogic ServerUses Oracle WebLogic Server, which replaces the Oracle Containers for Java (OC4J) application server used in EBS 12.0 and 12.1. You can learn more about how this improves the system administration experience via our official documentation and this technical webcast.
- E-Business Suite 12.2 Release Content Document (Note 1302189.1)
Upgrading to EBS 12.2Is there a direct upgrade path from EBS 11i to 12.2?Yes, there is a direct upgrade path from EBS 220.127.116.11 to EBS 12.2. EBS 18.104.22.168 customers do not have to install an intermediary EBS 12 release (such as 12.1.3) before upgrading to EBS 12.2. EBS 22.214.171.124 customers must have applied the minimum baseline patch requirements for Extended Support as described in Patch Requirements for Extended Support of Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11.5.10 (Document 883202.1). Customers on earlier EBS 11i releases (such as 11.5.7) need to be at the 126.96.36.199 level plus the minimum baseline patch requirements for Extended Support before they can upgrade to EBS 12.2.Is there a direct upgrade path from EBS 12.0 to 12.2?Yes, there is a direct upgrade path from EBS 12.0.4 and 12.0.6 to EBS 12.2. EBS 12.0.4 or 12.0.6 customers do not have to install an intermediary EBS 12 release (such as 12.1.3) before upgrading to EBS 12.2. Customers on earlier EBS 12.0 releases (such as 12.0.3) will need to be at the 12.0.4 or 12.0.6 level before they can upgrade to EBS 12.2.Is there a direct upgrade path from EBS 12.1 to 12.2?Yes, there is a direct upgrade path from EBS 12.1.1, 12.1.2, and 12.1.3 to EBS 12.2.How can I prepare for EBS 12.2?
- Option for installing EBS 12.2 on to existing database servers.
- Capability of installation into existing Real Application Clusters environments.
- Database deployment on Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and other file systems.
More technical references
- Read the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 Technical Planning Guide, First Edition (Note 1585857.1)
http://www.oracleerpappsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/New-Logo.png 0 0 Oracle ERP Apps Guide http://www.oracleerpappsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/New-Logo.png Oracle ERP Apps Guide2013-09-22 16:56:002016-11-16 21:25:22Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 Now Available to Download from Edelivery
We are very pleased to announce that Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 is generally available for download now:
- R12 – How to Delete Oracle AR TransactionsMarch 22, 2019 - 8:37 pm
- How to Define Custom Key Flexfield (KFF) in R12January 19, 2018 - 5:43 pm
- AutoLock Box Concepts In R12November 10, 2017 - 8:30 am
- R12 – java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column type in OAFSeptember 15, 2017 - 9:39 am
- How to Find Duplicate Row in OAF Page?April 26, 2017 - 5:17 pm