Applications File System in R12
Note: No Applications files are installed on desktop client machines, although JAR files and their supporting utilities are downloaded as required.
Depending on how you chose to install Applications, these product directories may be located on a single machine (the simplest case) or on multiple machines (the most common type of deployment). Operating system environment settings indicate the location of the various files in the file systems of the database and application server machines. This chapter discusses the association between these environment settings and the corresponding files and directories.
- The db/apps_st/data (DATA_TOP) directory is located on the database node machine, and contains the system tablespaces, redo log files, data tablespaces, index tablespaces, and database files
- The db/tech_st/10.2.0 directory is located on the database node machine, and contains the ORACLE_HOME for the Oracle10g database
- The apps/apps_st/appl (APPL_TOP) directory contains the product directories and files for Oracle Applications
- The apps/apps_st/comn or (COMMON_TOP or COMN_TOP) directory contains directories and files used across products
- The apps/tech_st/10.1.2 directory contains the ORACLE_HOME used for the Applications technology stack tools components
- The apps/tech_st/10.1.3 directory contains the ORACLE_HOME used for the Applications technology stack Java components
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!