Units of Meas
- Define unit of measure classes,
- Define units of measure,
- Define unit of measure conversions,
- Define lot-specific unit of measure conversions
Defining Unit of Measure Classes
Unit of measure classes represent groups of units of measure with similar characteristics.
- Creating unit of measure classes is the first step in unit of measure management. Each unit of measure you define must belong to a unit of measure class.
- Each class has a base unit of measure. The base unit of measure is used to perform conversions between units of measure in the class. For this reason, the base unit of measure should be representative of the other units of measure in the class, and generally one of the smaller units. For example, you could use CU (cubic feet) as the base unit of a class called Volume.
- Unit of measure classes are not organization-specific. Default unit of measure classes are not provided.
2. Define the base unit of measure for this class.
3. Define a unique abbreviation for the base unit of measure.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!